Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Replaying TORNADO after more than 30 years

I recently bought a used Amiga version of Tornado on eBay for a really decent price (about 15 Euros, 17 USD).

The box of the Amiga version had this "golden" Tornado on it.

Back in 1993 I got my version from a local software dealer, but of course it didn't come with an original english manual, but rather with a translated one.

3,5" inch disks, maps, hundreds of pages thick manuals...
The Desert Storm manual wasn't in the box, as the Amiga version did not include the addon (somehow it survived all these years in my attic)

The Version I'm actually playing, I got on Steam for EUR 9,99. Looks like a rather high price for such an old piece of software, but I didn't want to fiddle around with the conf-file from DOSBox (which I had to later on anyway). But all in all, this versions runs pretty straight forward just out of the box. I can highly recommend it.

Flying Officer Leugengroot currently went through his initial training phase, but did some combat missions as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment