Sunday, April 20, 2014

Take off ...

Well, I will make this brief and painless!

What will I be blogging about?

Like many other guys in their mid 40's I tend to glorify "the good old days" when everything was better. About a year ago I discovered some blogs where guys like me wrote about retro gaming. One guy is (re)-playing all computer RPGs and the other one is playing all the adventure classics, one after an other.  So it was obvious to me, that I had to write something about military flight sims.

I won't set my goals to high and try to replay all military flight sims from the past, but rather focus on some of them and write more into detail.

Why am I blogging? Aren't there enough blogs already?

Well, there are more blogs out there, than the world need. But there is no blog that has retro-military-flightsims as it's subject.

How will I replay the sims?

I won't setup an original PC from the early 90s or even my old C-64. I will use emulators like DOSbox or WinVICE. Sure, that's not exactly how it was back in the days, but it will work and won't get me into trouble with my wife. 

How can you leave feedback?

Send me an e-mail (jens.leugengroot(at)gmail.com or use the comments on the blog itself.

So, stay tuned I've already chosen my first sim ...

Jens

BTW: If you made it this far, you probably noticed: I'm not a native english speaker. Please forgive my clumsy sentences and grammatical errors. I'm always open for correction.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jens, found your blog just today. Good stuff, good reading, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete